GST Construction is seeking a full-time Superintendent. The Superintendent is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of structural and miscellaneous steel projects.
• Report to project site(s) every day and provide daily onsite supervision
• Ensure that each project is timely, safely and accurately completed
• Ensure that all equipment and material is onsite timely
• Coordinate and report to Project Manager
• Manage Foremen and crews
• Attend and host jobsite meetings
• Serve as liaison between company and contractor
• Frequent travel/long hours required
• Five (5) years prior experience as a Structural Steel site superintendent or foreman
• Proven work history on steel and structural steel projects
• Excellent organization skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills and must work well under pressure
• Outstanding ability to read and understand specifications and blueprints
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with customers and other company personnel
• Ability to set jobsite expectations (hours worked, daily progress milestones and allocated hours for completion) for each site crew
• Work weekends and overtime as required
• Must be proficient at Excel, Word and Outlook
• Must pass a background check and drug test
• Must have a valid driver’s license
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is commensurate with experience. Benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee with small employee contribution, 401K with company match, life insurance, disability insurance, paid holidays and paid time off are accrued in accordance with the vesting procedures set forth in the company handbook.
Founded in 1933 with its principal offices located in Haltom City, Texas, GST Construction is a division of GST Manufacturing, Ltd. (www.gstmanufacturing.com; www.gstcon.com). GST is a metal fabricator that fabricates, erects and installs structural and miscellaneous steel projects on construction sites such as commercial buildings, stadiums, schools, hospitals and institutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of GST not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of GST to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection, at all levels of employment.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume with a complete work and educational history, valid email address and phone number to GST by email to email@example.com. Please type “Superintendent” in the subject line. Note that GST will only contact the applicants it desires to interview for the position. Not all applicants will be contacted.