Position: Sales Associate
GST Manufacturing is seeking an extroverted “people person” to join our team as a Sales Associate. The qualified candidate must be passionate about customer service, able to effectively network and motivated to develop a strong book of business. This is an entry-level position for a college graduate or an individual with at least five (5) years of sales experience.
1. Maintain and develop existing customer relationships.
2. Promote GST and solicit new business for the company through networking.
3. Attend trade shows, civic activities, industry group meetings and other events.
4. Prepare quotations from drawings and specifications. Review quotations with engineering and production teams to determine scope, pricing, and deliverables of the project.
5. Communicate with customers on a regular basis in person, by phone and by electronic communication.
6. Ensure that customer needs and desires are satisfied regarding quality, accuracy and delivery.
7. Book projects into the work order system timely and serve as a liaison between the production team and the customer regarding scope of work and specifications.
8. Attend weekly sales meetings and report to management regarding status of sales leads, quotations and on-going issues.
9. Some overnight travel required.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation includes a competitive base salary and benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance for the employee with small employee contribution, 401K with company match, life insurance, disability insurance, paid holidays and paid time off. All benefits are accrued in accordance with the vesting procedures set forth in the company handbook.
1. Must be fluent in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel and Word.
2. Must have a college degree from an accredited four (4) year college or university or a minimum of five (5) years prior sales experience.
3. Must be extroverted and a self-starter, unafraid of seeking new opportunities.
4. Must be competent in basic mathematics, including simple algebra and geometry.
5. Familiarity with manufacturing or construction drawings or specifications is preferred.
6. Familiarity with sheet metal fabrication is preferred.
Founded in 1933 with its principal offices located in Haltom City, Texas, GST Manufacturing (www.gstmanufacturing.com; www.gstretail.com; wwww.gstcon.com) is a metal fabricator that promotes and sells full OEM assemblies and subassemblies, private labeled products and its own branded products to diverse clientele in industries such as construction, retail, cinema, food service, energy, transportation, and precision. GST’s capabilities include laser, plasma and waterjet cutting, stamping, punching, press brake, weld, CNC machining, paint, powder coat, assembly, and on-site installation.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
It is the policy of GST Manufacturing not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of GST Manufacturing to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection, at all levels of employment.
If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume with a complete work and educational history, valid email address and phone number to GST Manufacturing by email to email@example.com. Please type “Sales Associate” in the subject line. Note that GST Manufacturing will only contact the applicants it desires to interview for the position. Not all applicants will be contacted.